Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Drop my grocery bill form $90 to $70, not too bad

Couponing for a while now, had my 1st TWO Salad Dressing today. Ken's 8-9oz salad dressing was on sale today for $1. I got 2 coupons which were $1 off per product ($1/1). YEAH. I normally will not buy the flavor I bought today, but this is the only two flavor left on shelf, the rest of them were gone. So, it's free, what the heck, I will give them a try. Maybe I will like them. Or not, I don't have to loose anything. 

But there is a weird thing. HEB supposed to accept 1 Code B (Big Saving coupon) and 1 Manufacturer coupon.  I saw they have $4 off IF you buy 4 ($4/4) for Cereals, so I bought 4. I was looking at the coupon and all of a sudden I noticed it was a B coupon (they usually are marked as M which can't be combined with Manufacturer coupons). Cool, I can use my own coupons on top of that, a few extra dollars to save. But when I checked out, the cashier keep trying to scan my own coupons, they all showed as invalid. Only one of the $0.5 off Cheerio coupon scanned okay. She started to look at the coupons and said that was for a lot of cereals. I said 'Yes, I got 8 of them.' So she counted how many boxes of cereals was the coupons for, and didn't checked the computer or my cart again, she overrode it. I was glad I didn't need to say anything extra or she had to call the manager for that. I was just prepared to take those didn't scan back and forget about it. Since my girls are so tired and hungry, I just wanted to go home. 

So be careful if you are going to HEB hoping to use B coupon with your own Manufacturer coupons. It may not go as smooth as you think. I remembered the B coupon fine print mentioned "do not combined with other offer." Maybe that's why. However one of the Cheerio coupon did go through without a problem, so it is really confusing. Whatever, the transaction is done. I got my 23% off my bills. I think it is a good start. And I received a few print out coupon at the cashier. It included a $5 off next shopping for HEB (printed complimentary from General Mills, I guessed because I bought 8), $2 off 5 boxes of Big G (General Mills) cereals and $1 off any 2 Ball Park Deli Beef Franks.

No comments:

Post a Comment