Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Newbie to couponing

I guess a lot of people have been watching Extreme Coupling on TV, counted myself. Little Panda Daddy and I was amazed, so we decided to give it a try. I just started coupling in the last two weeks, bought one newspaper each weekend. It is so time consuming that I have to keep sorting and putting them in zipped bags. A very organised system truly is the key to make it work fast and easy. I found out a lot of coupon users will have a baseball holder to store their coupons, and I am looking for my own now. Still no lucky but I will keep on searching.

The first few times I brought all my coupons with me because there was not much local deals information I could find. Since the store (H.E.B) I usually go to have their own coupons (the yellow coupons - I noticed they are kind of doubling or tripling the manufacturer coupons), I have to look twice before deciding what is a better deal. The store coupons VS  my own stack of manufacturer coupons.
After a few trips, I found myself a little faster and a little more organised. A better way to shop in H.E.B. with coupons is:

1. Checked the ads before you go. It usually delivers to my mail box every Tuesday, or you can check their website (Ads sales always started on Wednesday, end on Tuesday)

2. Make a list according to the Ads (keep in mind when they mentioned "with in store coupon", most of them are manufacturer coupons [Code M at the left bottom coner] which are double or triple the manufacturer coupons you have, so don't count on using both the yellow coupons and your own)

3. Cut and bring your coupons with you. I put mine in two stacks:
 a) Must Use - Needed items or too good a deal to be missed items
 b) Very likely to be use - Items you have a coupons on hand if they are on sales
(I will browse while in the store for some household supplies, so bring along a few categories of coupons just in case they are great deals)

4. Check the HEB brand or Hills country brand, which both are the store brand for a better price compare to name brands, the later one is the cheapest (I tried a lot of their store brand stuff, they are almost half the price sometime and just as good or even better).

5. If you can find the items you needed while on sale, with store coupons and your own manufacturer coupons, that possible the best deals you can get. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment